Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Before and after pictures of my new silencer

I had a vision for this silencer before I even sent my money through PayPal to pay for it. I knew that it was in rough shape, and pretty clapped-out. Heck, that's part of the reason I bought it; I enjoy the challenge! The core was in two pieces, two of the holes for the end cap were missing threads, and it was in dire need of new packing.

Here is how it looked before I started working on it:






Pretty rough right? This is how it turned out after about four hours of work, sanding, and polishing. Better than new!


 That shine!
 I'm really digging the Pumashine silencer hanger that I picked up. A very high quality piece!




I'm not sure why, but this became my favorite part on the whole bike. I was super stoked about how well it turned out.

As you may have noticed, my 250R is almost finished in these pictures. A few things remain such as: front fenders, new footpegs, and braided radiator hose; but other than that I was able to get it pretty much finished last weekend. Tomorrow's update will include pictures of how it currently sits; plus a video of the first fire of my BDT Pro-X 363!

No comments:

Post a Comment